Rust Remover/Inhibitor

Home > Education > Metalworking FAQs > Rust FAQs > Rust Remover/Inhibitor

I have a 1982 Pontiac TransAm that is suffering from some rust and I need your help. The TransAm has some rust forming on the lip where hatch meets the hood. Its all surface rust but the rust is starting to pit the metal. It hasn't eaten through yet which tells me that there probably isn't rust on the other side, right? The frame is good and there is no rust there either. WHAT can I do to take care of this rust? Its in like 4 places and I need to take care of it before it eats through. What product do you recommend?

The Tinman Respondeth:

Get the "Must For Rust" (MP7) stuff from us. 530-292-3506. Dab and scrub away the rust, dab again, and leave it to dry. Then prime as usual to cover. Rust stopped. Best stuff available, and I've looked extensively.


NOTE: MP7 was bought by another company and the name has changed to
Must For Rust , or MFR as we call it. It is still great, effective, easy.

See also:
Rust Remover for underside of a truck
Rust Remover safe for chromium plated surfaces

Rust Remover FAQs